Friday, April 17, 2009

I Dreamed A Dream

It's time-out from my usual posts. I almost missed this true-to-life fairy tale. When I stumbled upon her story, I understood why she is fast becoming a YouTube superstar garnering more than 12 million hits! The woman's name is Susan Boyle, the middle-aged, never been married, never been kissed, Elaine Paige wannabe church worker who stunned the judges and audience of Britain's Got Talent when she sang the song I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables.

Here's how The Herald reported the story:

The moment the reality show’s audience and judging panel saw the small, shy, middle-aged woman, they started to smirk. When she said she wanted a professional singing career to equal that of Elaine Paige, the camera showed audience members rolling their eyes in disbelief. They scoffed when she told Simon Cowell, one of the judges, how she’d reached her forties without managing to develop a singing career because she hadn’t had the opportunity. Another judge, Piers Morgan, later wrote on his blog that, just before she launched into I Dreamed a Dream, the 3000-strong audience in Glasgow was laughing and the three judges were suppressing chuckles.

It was rude and cruel and arrogant. Susan Boyle from Blackburn, West Lothian, was presumed to be a buffoon.
Click here for the entire article

But what happened next knocked everyone off their feet. Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, Ms Susan Boyle!


I Dreamed A Dream

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high,
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid
When dreams were made and used,
And wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung,
No wine untasted.

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
As they turn your dreams to shame.

And still I dream he'll come to me
And we will live our lives together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms
We cannot weather...

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seems
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.

8 comments:

  1. thank you for leaving a comment in my blog, i really appreciate it, specially now that i'm feeling a little low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing... i also made a posting on this event.
    thanks for the visit too.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good site, i love this content. best for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. the poem is good><
    thanks for visiting me ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I know her and every time i watch this video clip at youtube I am really moved into tears by her voice. She pick the most wonderful song, one of my all time favorite song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, courage, I am desiring to include you in my blogroll but I can't find a profile of you. I need even an eye or a silhouette of you. THanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is a powerful talent...

    this song reminds me of my GLEE Club back in Ateneo, our favorite song during concert ...love it

    ReplyDelete