Thursday, April 30, 2009
The Living Waters Program
Last year I was able to attend a three-day Living Waters retreat in Tagaytay City (Angels' Hills Retreat Center near the Pink Sisters Convent) along with other Courage brothers and sisters. It was a very memorable (and fun-filled) experience for me as local and international speakers gave talks and personal testimonies about their struggles and healing journeys. If you feel broken inside (as most of us are), this Christ-centered healing program is for you.
What is Living Waters?
Living Waters is a 22-week lesson on healing our broken relationships and sexuality taught in a closed group format. The trained leaders enforce a confidentiality policy to ensure a safe place for all participants.
Is Living Waters for me?
If the following statements describe your heart for hope and healing, then Living Waters can be for you:
* A desire to deepen your relationship with Christ
* A longing to see your family relate more closely in love
* A yearning for understanding of issues that shape the choices we and our loved ones make
* A willingness to break free from sinful patterns that have put you in bondage
* A desire to be a godly parent, spouse, child, friend, leader - all rooted in one's identity as a child of God
* A commitment to grow as a unique man or woman of God, allowing Him to reveal the good of your sexuality
* A courage to face the sinfulness of your present state and the painful realities that led you there
How is Living Waters presented?
Each three-hour weekly meeting includes:
THE WORSHIP OF JESUS - We focus our devotion and praise on God, not on our pain and problems.
THE WORD OF JESUS - Living Waters teachings combine biblical truths with psycho-spiritual insights for a better understanding of our deep need for God.
THE WORKS OF JESUS - To complement the church's Bible study groups and doctrinal teachings, Living Waters seeks to present truth with grace in the hurting areas of our lives. Through healing prayer in large and small group settings, we invite the Holy Spirit to heal our various wounds.
Foundational to Living Waters is the reality that God created us in His image as male and female. Thus great healing comes as men and women minister and receive alongside one another, thereby reflecting God's intention and character.
What will I discover?
Living Waters uses a detailed guidebook and supplemental readings designed to find God's presence in our brokenness. Some topics include:
* Acknowledging our need for God
* Receiving the Father's Love
* Who we are as men and women
* The Cross and confession
* Renouncing our idols
* Reconciliation between men and women
* Roots of gender brokenness
* Restoring the true self through the Cross
* Overcoming sexual addiction
* Embracing the Church as our healing community
* Building healthy relationships
* Walking as mature Christians
* Understanding and overcoming temptations
* Healing from sexual abuse
* How "The Fall" affects our sexuality and relationships
Why should I go to the Living Waters?
Because Living Waters addresses the reality that we are all broken in our ability to love. Its goal is to see our relationships, imagination and even sexual conduct find their center in Christ.
Through the worship, teaching, prayer, and small groups of Living Waters we learn about:
* God's powerful love for us and how Jesus is central to our hope for wholeness
* The depth of our brokenness and our profound need for Him
* The power of the Cross to restore our souls, sexuality, and relationships
* The process of walking out our healing
* Our place in the church and loving others honorably
For whom is Living Waters?
Living Waters applies to everyone, especially those struggling with shame, sexual addiction, pornography, emotional dependency, low self-esteem and self-hatred, unforgiveness, promiscuity, adultery, effects of sexual abuse and homosexuality.
Thankfully, Christ's capacity to touch and restore us at deep levels of shame and brokenness extends to all of us, regardless of the specifics of our issue.
Jesus said to His disciples: "Now that I have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet." (Jn 13:14). Living Waters is that part of the church where we can extend the lowliest parts of ourselves and there discover His compassion. Mercy and truth meet us. As we reveal our brokenness to others, Living Waters cleanses us and transforms us into the men and women of God's design. Dip into the Waters!
Living Waters will be run by Living Waters Philippines, Inc., a healing ministry seeking to bring the transforming compassion of Jesus Christ to the hurting, the broken and the outcast.
Venue: Greenhills Christian Fellowship, Ruby cor. Garnet Roads Ortigas Center, Pasig City (behind Robinsons Galleria)
Date: May 26 - Oct 27, 2009
Tuesdays 6:30 - 9:30 pm
For fees & other details, please call or text 0919-5123526 or 0915-4958049
Deadline of submission for application is on May 17, 2009. We will be observing a strict NO INTERVIEW NO ACCEPTANCE policy. Thus, walk-ins will not be accepted on May 26 thereafter.
[Note: For our international blog visitors, Living Waters is also present in the US, Canada, and some parts of Asia. Do an online search to find a local LW ministry in your country. Thanks.]
"Whoever believes in Me, streams of living water will flow from within him." - John 7:38