Tuesday, April 27, 2010

From the Mailbox


Please Help!

Hi, my name is _____. I am not Catholic, but I am a Methodist whose eyes have wandered too far. I would not consider myself gay, but more bisexual, and I know that I am sinning, and really want to change it, but no matter how much I pray, or do anything, I cannot shake the spirit that is holding its ground deep inside of me. Any help that you have to offer will make me so thankful.


Hi ____!

Thanks for this e-mail. By the way, are you living in the Philippines or in another country? I'm here in Manila, Philippines.

As you may already know, I belong to a support group Courage. Like you, I also felt confused and lost. I figured out I cannot really do this on my own that is why I joined the group. The group has been a great source of help to me both spiritually and emotionally. Being able to share your struggles with other fellow strugglers is a great help.

Prayer is of great necessity in our battle, but I also encourage you to do some work in facing your issues. Same-sex attraction is a very complicated issue. It may help to read books and resources that will facilitate your understanding about the nature of homosexuality and begin to work from there.

I don't know if you are ready to join a support group near your place, but I highly recommend you do so.

Check out our blog and you will find many helpful links there.

In particular, you may also want to visit these sites:

www.narth.com
www.peoplecanchange.com
www.gaytostraight.org

You may want to read the book too of Frank Worthen entitled This Way Out. It's a very insightful book on how to deal with SSA.

I hope I was able to help you with the above. Do keep in touch.

God bless you.

CP Webmaster


Thank you so much for your concern, I have looked at most of the sites that you suggested, and they are so much help.

Sincerely,
____

P.S. By the way I am from the US.

-oOo-

Confused??

Hello!

My name is _____, I am a 43-year-old man who has ALWAYS known myself to be a gay man. I have always known to myself I was different at a very young age and embraced my sexuality at the age of 16. I have always been attracted to men and feel I always will. However, now that I am 43, I'm not sure that this is where I want to stay. I feel that I have an opportunity to explore more and although I know I am attracted to men I can't help but wonder what my life might be if I were to fall in love with a woman. There is no particular woman I have in mind; it is only the thought of how my life might be.

I don't know if it is because I have been alone for quite some time and all my relationships with men have proven to be insignificant. I at times doubt that what I thought was love with men is in fact love or just lust. I have ALWAYS thought how wonderful it would be to fall in love with a man and have a significant love relationship that possesses more than lust, but have yet to experience that. Although my views on gay marriage are not those of a typical gay man, I find myself quite confused. I have considered counseling but have yet to take that step. Please help with any information or ideas you may have for me.


Thank you,

Gay and yearning for more...


Hi _____!

I am Rollie of Courage Philippines. I got your email from our webmaster. Hope it would be okay if I also pour my thoughts.

Like you, I was also trapped in the gay world full of pretensions and illusions. I thought I was happy but I was not. There came a time I questioned if I am going to live on like that for the rest of my life. And so around the year 2001, I began my journey of painful realizations about my past and of wonderful healing of my core being as a man. As I begin to embrace my new found manhood, slowly I began to notice attractions towards women - which never in my dreams have happened before. Today is the birthday of that girl of whom I am attracted to, and I am building up my friendship with her in preparation to a probable courtship.

The journey to healing and wholeness is difficult, but it is possible. Hope is never lost. We have the power to choose our path.

It takes a decisive decision to change direction, and it would take days, months or even years for us to firm up that decision. There are painful sacrifices to make, but our assurance of God the Father's love encourages us to press on.

Take it one day at a time, one moment at a time, one problem at a time. If you wish to join us in our journey, you may contact me at 09285066974 or 09178427434. Please indicate who you are for proper recognition.

Rest assured of my heartfelt prayers for you even now. God loves you!

+ Rollie

-oOo-

RE: Courage Philippines Blog

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Jaime Laviena. I am an Editor for Christian.com, a social network made specifically for Christians, by Christians. We embarked on this endeavor to offer the entire Christian community an outlet to join together and better spread the good word of Christianity. Christian.com has many great features like Christian TV, prayer requests, finding a church, receiving church updates and advice. We have e-mailed you to collaborate with you and your blog to help spread the good word of Christianity. I look forward to your response regarding this matter. Thanks!

God Bless

| Jaime Laviena | Christian.com |
| 1 International Blvd.| Mahwah, NJ 07495 |


Hi Jaime!

I am Rollie de los Reyes II of Courage Philippines. I am currently leading the support group, and I am happy that you became interested in partnering with us. Through our blog, we hope to reach out to other persons with same-sex attractions (SSA) or commonly known as homosexuals - that there is an alternative to the perverse homosexual lifestyle, and that life is a Christian life of chastity and holiness brought about only through Jesus Christ.

Please inform us how we could be of help. I have included in our email loop our website designer expert - he was instrumental into making our blogspot a reality for us as he is currently the one updating all the contents of the website.

God bless and keep you!

+ Rollie
www.couragephilippines.blogspot.com
www.pffp.webs.com


Hi Jaime!

I will add your site to our blog. I love your site and your zeal in spreading the Word of God and reaching out to others through the use of social networking sites. We are one with you in your online evangelization efforts.

God bless.

CP Webmaster

-oOo-

No comments:

Post a Comment