Forwarded event from Pro-Life Philippines.
With the reality that there are brothers & sisters living with and affected by HIV and AIDS, many of our vulnerable groups (youth, migrants and key affected populations) are losing hope to live and they are greatly stigmatized and discriminated by the society. Couples, parents, guardians, teachers, catechists, Church & lay leaders, social workers, counselors/ life coaches, youth group advisers & all those who deal with this situation, as members of the Body of Christ, doing nothing is not an option.
Primarily the seminar aims to strengthen the participant’s knowledge and understanding on HIV/AIDS and its related issues. It also aims to deepen the understanding of Catholic responses to HIV and AIDS.
It is EXPECTED that by the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the extent and impact of HIV/AIDS.
2. Understand Philippine Republic Act 8504.
3. Enumerate the cultural and social factors that contribute to the spread of HIV/AIDS, and list possible solutions to it.
4. Differentiate HIV and AIDS, discuss how HIV transmitted; and enumerate ways by which HIV can be prevented.
5. List current care and treatment for HIV/AIDS.
6. Explain why Catholic response is needed to address HIV/AIDS.
Resource Speaker: Rev. Rodolfo Dan Vicente Cancino Jr., MI Regional Coordinator Southeast Asia HIV and AIDS Catholic Network
Venue: Bahay Ugnayan Bldg., Good Shephered Convent, 1043 Aurora Blvd., Cubao, Quezon City (beside the Katipunan LRT Station, St. Bridget School, and in front of PSBA, a university)
Date: November 19, 2011, Saturday Time: 8:00 am -12:00 nn
Registration Fee: Php 300.00 (inclusive of kits, snacks & certificates)
For reservations or more information, please call Ellen at 7337027 or you may send us a telefax at 7349425; or a text through mobile # 09192337783; or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.