Sunday, September 16, 2012
Weekly News (Second Week of September 2012)
1. Benedict XVI: Fundamentalism a 'Falsification' of Religion
Aboard the papal plane, Sep 14, 2012 / 05:07 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Benedict described fundamentalism as “a falsification of religion,” which goes against its true purpose as “an invitation to share God’s peace throughout the world.” [Read More]
2. Confusion Over Sexual Identity Contributes to Rise in HIV-AIDS Cases
MAKATI City, Sept. 13, 2012―With 88% of new HIV-AIDS infections being transmitted through “men having sex with men” (MSM), a recent HIV-AIDS training identified sexual orientation confusion as indirectly contributing to the spread of the virus. [Read More]
3. Embracing ‘Gay’ Lifestyle Contrary to Gaining Authentic Joy – Ex-‘Gay’
MANILA, Sept. 14, 2012—Living out one’s sexual attraction to persons of the same sex may give a semblance of fulfillment, but it is essentially a hindrance to attaining real joy, said a former entertainment writer and showbiz talk-show host who for years was steeped in what is often referred to as the “homosexual lifestyle.” [Read More]
4. RH Bill Is Not Pro-Life
by Bernardo M. Villegas, Ph.D.
It is not my usual practice to debate with specific individuals or groups about the issues I address in my columns. I am making an exception this time, as some might already have inferred from the title of this commentary. [Read More]
5. Christians Are Winning the Abortion Battle, But Don’t Stop Fighting [Read More]
6. Boys Will Be Girls and Girls Will Be Boys?
A conservative activist is concerned about the summer camps for transgender children that promote and normalize homosexuality, cross-dressing and transgenderism. [Read More]
7. Study: Time is Ripe for Catholic Church to Reaffirm Teaching on Contraception
WASHINGTON, DC, September 12, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A ground-breaking study titled “What Catholic Women Think About Faith, Conscience, and Contraception” offers new data that may finally lay to rest the oft-touted claim that “98 percent of Catholics use birth control.” [Read More]
8. On Humility and Staying Humble [Read More]
9. Marriage and Child Poverty
Collapse of Cultural Norms Regarding Marriage, Childbirth 'Has Been a Disaster'
ROME, SEPT. 14, 2012 (Zenit.org).- The economic problems caused by single parenthood were the topic of a report published last week by Heritage Foundation, a think tank based in Washington D.C. [Read More]
10. Ravi Zacharias: "A Sincere Christian Must Not Practice Homosexual Behavior."
Below is a YouTube video of world renowned Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias responding in an open forum (early this year) to the question: “Is it possible for a man or woman to live a sincere Christian life as a homosexual?