Monday, March 9, 2009

Letter from an Anonymous Blog Reader


I got this short anonymous comment from my other blog after I wrote about Courage. Read on.

I just learned that Courage exists. My husband and I just learned that our brother-in-law, his sister's husband, has a sexual relationship with another man. We are very troubled because she has given him her blessing to pursue this relationship. She has welcomed her husband's boyfriend to their home for dinner and allowed him to interact with their children. As she puts it, he is becoming a "fixed" part of their family. From where we are standing, she is trying to be very tolerant, but is getting increasingly insecure and confused. To be "fair" as they put it, she has begun pursuing other men.

Please pray for them. Thank you for letting me blog here. Just knowing others understand how homosexuality can affect the family is so helpful. Thank you for sharing your story. We are very grateful to not be so alone.

I have never heard from this reader again since she posted this comment, but I did encourage her to help her brother-in-law find a support group like Courage to help him cope with his struggles.

1 comment:

  1. i hope that family will find the courage to fight the temptation of flesh...

    i will pray for them

    ReplyDelete