Thursday, February 11, 2010

RS Journey with Courage


This is RS' journey with Courage - a man of wisdom, common sense, and generosity brought about by his vast real-life experiences and struggles.


‘Twas in mid-August of 2009 that I started my journey with Courage, thanks to a father confessor at Greenbelt Chapel who referred me to its coordinator. Years back, I recalled having obtained a book on Sexaholics Anonymous (SA) from a priest at Our Lady of Remedies Shrine in Malate, Manila. I now realize that the book is a foreshadowing of my Courage journey.

Being with Courage for the past three and a half months has led me to a deeper examination and knowledge of self. Sundays of spiritual talks and sharing, sacramental confession, counseling and mass, adoration and reparation before the Blessed Sacrament have been sources of divine inspiration. I am now assured that I am not alone in my SSA struggles. There is always the support of brother and sister members and the guidance of our spiritual director and priest collaborators.

Also, after over five years, I have once more experienced the joy and consolation of Christ’s real presence in the Eucharist and the renewing grace of a spiritual retreat at the SVD Seminary in Tagaytay last September. Coming back to Sunday meetings has refurbished my soul. Christ’s unconditional love is present in every encounter.

Through all struggles and falls, God’s helping hand has always raised me up. Jesus’ mercy and pardon have always been a source of encouragement and inspiration. Courage has made me realize all these blessings. For all of these, I am truly grateful.

I pray that Courage will grow by God’s grace and guidance through the intercession of Mother Mary, father St. Joseph, St. Michael, and all the angels and saints.

Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment