1. 2010: A Papal Year in Review
Benedict XVI's Journeys, Writings, Initiatives
SAN MARCOS, California, DEC. 25, 2010 (Zenit.org).- With the calendar year coming to a close, the time has come to remember the voyage of 2010 for the Church. Benedict XVI has faced his share of troubles, but has endured daunting challenges with remarkable resiliency. He enters the new year perhaps all the stronger for his battles. Here's a look back at 2010. [Read More]
2. Change for Country Is Possible, Says CBCP Head
MANILA, Dec. 31, 2010—Despite dehumanizing conditions of poverty and other social ills that grip the country, social transformation is still a possibility, a Catholic leader said. [Read More]
3. Doctrine Office Says Pope’s Words on Condoms and AIDS Were 'Manipulated'
Vatican City, Dec 21, 2010 / 12:51 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- More than a month later, Pope Benedict XVI’s remarks about condom use and AIDS, made in his latest book, continue to provoke commentary and controversy. [Read More]
4. Selection of 'Gay' Leader No Step Toward Christian Unity
A Christian renewal group says by electing an open homosexual to be its leader, an alliance of North Carolina churches has undermined its own purpose. [Read More]
5. Planned Parenthood Launches ‘Social Change Initiative’ to Teach Parents How to Educate Children About Sex, Including Masturbation, Homosexuality
(CNSNews.com) – The Planned Parenthood Federation of America is signaling its intention to dominate the national sex education agenda. [Read More]
6. Obama’s Attitudes on Homosexual ‘Marriage’ ‘Evolving’ — God’s Remain the Same [Read More]
7. MTV: Call It What You Want, It’s Still Abortion
Watching “No Easy Decision” was very much like watching a typical day in my life, because in my full time pro-life ministry, my team and I minister around the world to men and women who are struggling with their pregnancy, and also with men and women who have been through the abortion experience. [Read More]
8. Chaplains Ignored in DADT Repeal Debate
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s signature Dec. 22 on the bill repealing the U.S. military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy portends ominous consequences for the armed forces’ morale and fighting effectiveness. [Read More]
9. So You Say You Want a Soul Mate...
Chastity educator Jason Evert offers his advice on finding the right one.
Jason Evert, one of the nation’s best known and most successful Catholic chastity education speakers, is releasing a new book, How to Find Your Soul Mate Without Losing Your Soul. [Read More]
10. Top 10 Good News Stories of 2010
(LifeSiteNews.com) - There were many hopeful events and signs in 2010. Here’s just a few of them, the most popular “good news” stories on LifeSiteNews in 2010 as measured by the number of pageviews they received. [Read More]
Happy New Year!